Sunday, May 14 2017

Weekly Reflection - Week 2

       Week 2 was another successful week and I learned more about coaching and bettering people

communication and people skills. This week I learned patience is key and that everybody improves

and work at difference paces. I also learned that while coaching, some kids take yelling and

constructive criticism differently. Some kids will see that you're trying to help them and other kids

think you're attacking them or trying to put them down. You just have to tell them you're there to help

them and make them better. I did like what I was doing because it's always fun to be around the kids

and be in the basketball gym. Also it's nice to see the smiles on everyone's facing when we're winning

and doing well. I was asked to coach a team this weekend again to improve my coaching skills and

also get the players more comfortable with me. The players I coach know the reason they get taken

out. Either they're not playing hard, not playing smart or they're tired. The players who play hard and

do whatever they can to help the team win are the players who play the most because they have one

mission and that mission is to win. Everything went as I expected, the players worked out hard all

week because they wanted to get better and that translated on the court because they played hard and

wanted to win and the end result showed. I will benefit from this weeks activities by taking what I

learned and and using that to improve my people skills. What I did helps me know more about the

game, and helps me understand what to do in different situations. For an example, you're down 2 with

the ball, do you go for the 3 to win it or do you go for the 2 and force overtime. Every coach is

different and would do something different in that situation. Me personally I'm going for the win,

forget all that, I don't wanna risk over time because then the other team has just as good of a chance

of winning.

Weekend hours 
Saturday - 11am-10pm
Sunday - 9am-5pm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog